Michael Nethercott's Published Works
- Magazines and Anthologies (partial list):
- Vermont Magazine
An Empire at Twilight (short story) March/April 2014
- Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine
O’Nelligan and the Perfect Man (short story) December 2009
Essay on Agatha Christie September 2010
O’Nelligan and the Lost Fates (short story) March 2012
O'Nelligan and the Beautiful Dreamer (short story) Jan/Feb 2017
Sinners at Eight (short story) Jan/Feb 2018
Abyss & Apex Winter 2017 Harbor Mist (short story)
- By Hook or By Crook: Best Crime and Mystery Stories of the Year 2009 (anthology; Tyrus Books)
- Thin Ice: Crime Stories by New England Writers (anthology; Level Best 2010
- Dead Calm: Crime Stories New England Writers (anthology; Level Best) 2011
- Catholic Forester Magazine Winter 2008
- Gods and Monsters (anthology; Simian Publishing) 2006
- Damned Nation (anthology; Hellbound Books) 2006
- Crimestalkers Casebook Winter 2002
- The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction (writings appear in two issues)
The Moonshriek Dialogue (short story) April 2001
- Dead Promises (anthology, Chameleon Publishing) 1999
Additional publishing credits: Plays—the Drama Magazine for Young People, The Chrysalis Journal, Cobblestone, Hopscotch for Girls, and other periodicals.
Vermont Writers' Prize 2014
"An Empire at Twilight."
Al Blanchard Award 2014
"Lamplighter by the Sea"
Finalist for the Shamus Award 2013
"O'Nelligan and the Lost Fates"
The Black Orchid Novella Award 2008
The full-length play Our Enemy's Cup, a tale of the French Resistance, has won the Vermont Playwrights Award, the Claude Competition and the Nor’easter Playwrights Competition.
The Nor’easter Play Writing Contest 2009
"The Best Wine" (one-act version)
Vermont Playwrights Award 2012
Clauder Competition | Portland Stage Company
2013 Best Vermont Play
Our Enemy's Cup